Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ersi Sotiropoulos Reading at NYU

Tonight I went to a reading by Ersi from her book Sotiropoulos Landscape With Dog: And Other Stories. Admittedly, I hadn't read any of her work before so I didn't really know what to expect, but her short stories were simply amazing. From characters that adore men who admit to being uncomfortable with their weight to ones who think that Polanski kidnapped them and that they got pregnant at his place Rosemary's Baby style. The four stories that she read were all funny, original, and unexpectedly full of meaning.

If you want to check out the book here's the amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Landscape-Dog-Stories-Ersi-Sotiropoulos/dp/1566567734/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265769749&sr=8-2

I haven't purchased it yet, but it's definitely on my list of books to buy once I stop spending all of my money on books for NYU.

No comments:

Site Meter